Mad science. From the 1941 Max Fleischer Superman serials.
Rick and Morty fan art in the style of Saul Bass.
By Tom Trager
Some goat/ram type monster person I’ve been working on but not really sure where to go from there. So i’m just gonna post this I guess
It’s time for another Ghibli Jam! Once again this year it will be running from the 3rd until the 9th of march (next week!!!) For those new to Ghibli Jam it’s a week long art/comics/cosplay/literally anything creative Studio Ghibli inspired jam, where we all come together and create things inspired by the films (and games) we’ve come to love.
- Ghibli Jam is open to all submissions! However please keep them safe for work/kids.
- Submit your art HERE, I’ll also be checking the tag “ghibli jam 2014” as well but tumblr tags can be a bit weird sometimes so just submitting straight to the blog will probably be the safest option.
- When you submit please remember to include a link to your blog/website so people can find more of your art.
- Please only submit something you have made yourself (you’d think this would go without saying but it happened last year…)
- Please only submit new art, the idea is to encourage people to create something new during the week, rather than just submitting older stuff they’ve made in the past.
- Your submissions might take a little while to go up, be patient (there’s only one of me, sadly) but if a few days go by and it isn’t up send me a message and i’ll sort it out.
Last year was a great success, with about 300 submissions in the end. I hope this year will be just as good or even better, so if you can help spread the world (reblogs etc) that would be greatly appreciated! Have fun and if you have any questions send me a message. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
Reblogging because we’re only days away now, a few early submissions have already come through and have been queued up! I’ve also been reblogging some highlights from last years jam over on the ghibli jam blog to ☆~build the hype~☆ so make sure you follow because it’s going to be a fun week!
This is happening now guys!!
Just a reminder that a cell is not a bag of water, but rather a crowded metropolis of macromolecules. The reality of cell biology, while more complicated than what your textbook shows you, is much cooler than a simple cartoon.
When you look at the inside of a cell as the crowded, semi-organized, collision-riddled mess that it really is, you’ll look at every bit of biological chemistry in a new way.
(The image of a super-crowded cytoplasm comes from this PLOS paper)
Those of us in animation always gripe that the rest of Hollywood doesn’t care or know the first thing about animated films. There are tons of anecdotal stories to support this position, but finally, we’ve got some definitive proof. And if you think Hollywood doesn’t understand animation, it’s even worse than you could imagine.
Feist - Lover’s Spit (Live - BSS Cover)
grew old and did some shit
If you guys don’t know I have a webcomic, I made some minor changes to the web server and talk about it here. I go on about some other things too, this is just a news update. If you haven’t seen my site, check it out!! I make comics!!
Here’s some timed out boards I did for Amethyst and Pearl’s fusion dance in Giant Woman! (I drew these almost a whole year ago!)
Little Person - Charlie Kaufman & Jon Brion
Performed by Sadie Goldstein
(from: Synecdoche, NY soundtrack)
HOLY MOTHER OF POTENTIAL SMEXY ART! @#$%&ASDFGHJKL~!
"Batsman is the disembodied consciousness of a future Batman whose mind had been uploaded into the Batcave computers before he died. He continues to fight crime after his death, by remotely animating an intangible holographic form that is covered in flat, bat-shaped robotic probes. He uses this costume of smart fabric bats to accomplish many tasks such as attacking his enemies and scouting out surrounding areas."
So like a model, you can “look but not touch”. I like this future Batman’s design. Just… omg. .__.
Colors, all except last: